It’s hard to believe we’re in the middle of the holiday season; we hope you had a great Thanksgiving! This is such a great time of year in Evanston and, as Evanston Real Estate agents, we enjoy taking in the festive decorations adorning the beautiful homes and in Evanston’s downtown area.
For those who have been considering buying an Evanston home this year, you may be tempted to put your home search on hold till after the holiday season. However, shopping for a home now has some great advantages! Here are five compelling reasons you may want to continue on in your Evanston home search.
1. Less Competition- Many buyers don’t think to take advantage of house hunting during the holidays, so you’re sure to avoid any bidding wars that would occur at a peak point on the Evanston Real Estate market. This will mean a less stressful home buying experience for you!
2. Motivated Sellers- Sellers dread not being able to sell their homes before the holidays get under way. They’re very aware that most are not in the market to buy a home until spring rolls around, which means; they’re motivated. They know showings of their home will greatly decrease, so any activity on their home is good news. Oftentimes they’re willing to come down on the price or be flexible with closing dates, and other extras
3. Lower Prices- With the lack of people searching during the holidays for a home in Evanston; prices soften a bit. You can view our website, TheThomasTeamOnline.com, to see a list of our current homes for sale in Evanston! You’ll notice these homes are priced to sell and are a great deal for buyers.
4. Favorable Mortgage Terms- Mortgage lenders may be willing to lower interest rates or let go of some of their fees in order to gain your business. With fewer people shopping for homes; they will be experiencing a slower time in their business as well. Be sure to shop around to get the best possible deal. Your Evanston Real Estate agent will help point you in the right direction.
5. Tax Deduction- Closing before the end of the year can mean you are eligible to deduct the interest component of your first monthly mortgage payment from your taxable income for this year. You may also be able to deduct any money you pay for points to reduce your interest rate. Of course you’ll want to consult with an Evanston tax advisor to talk over the full details.
We hope these five advantages help you determine your next step for buying a home in Evanston. If you are buying your first home, relocating to the area or are hoping to move into your dream home; please let us know! We would enjoy the opportunity to talk with you about your Evanston Real Estate needs and can help you throughout the entire home buying process!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Thomas Team
Chicago's #1 Real Estate Brokerage