As Evanston Real Estate agents, we’ve worked with buyers and sellers in the Evanston Real Estate market for a number of years and have a solid understanding of what Evanston buyers are looking for in a new home. Adding a buyers market into the mix can present certain challenges, but this market can be easily navigated and your home can be sold in an efficient manner if you are know what to expect.
We’ve gathered five key tips that will help you as you consider selling your Evanston home.
1. Understand What a Buyers Market Means- It’s important to understand what kind of market you’re about to enter and to look at some of the hard facts. Being in a buyers market means:
- There are more homes on the market than there are buyers.
- Homes are staying on the market longer.
- Homes are selling for less than they’re worth.
2. Price Your Home Correctly from the Beginning- This is a vital factor in selling your Evanston home. If you enter the market with an overpriced home, Evanston buyers will immediately cross it off their list and move on to a more affordable option. They have that luxury in a buyers market. The longer your Evanston home sits on the market; the less interest it will receive. You’ll find that waiting for that to happen and then reducing your price will not generate the same excitement that a ideally priced home would in the beginning.
3. Make Your Home Irresistible- Evanston buyers expect only the best, especially if they have the option to be picky. You’ll want to make sure your home shows like a model home and that its irresistible to buyers. Take care of any issues that you know of in your home, spend time updating your home (even if it’s just a fresh coat of paint), and spruce up your Evanston home’s curb appeal. All of these little details will add up to a home that buyers can’t refuse!
4. Find a Trusted Evanston Real Estate Agent- You’ll want to do your research and find an agent who has years of experience in the Evanston Real Estate market. Your real estate agent will play a key role in getting your Evanston home sold. Look at their home selling record, client testimonials and ask them to give you a detailed plan of what they will do to sell your Evanston home.
5. Make Sure Your Home is Getting Ultimate Exposure- The main element in getting your home sold is exposure. Did you know that over 80% of people search for homes online? Getting online exposure for your home is vital for home selling success. Talk with your Evanston Real Estate agent about how your home will be presented online and the types of sites they use to market your home. An online presence for your home is a service your real estate agent should be providing for you.
If you have any questions about selling your Evanston home or about the Evanston Real Estate market, please feel free to contact us! We would enjoy the opportunity to meet with you, discuss your real estate needs and help get your Evanston home sold in a smooth and timely process!
We look forward to helping you sell your home!
The Thomas Team
Chicago's #1 Real Estate Brokerage